You've reached the home of Deerfield Warriors travel baseball. We're proud to be a community based travel baseball organization that is operated by the Deerfield Youth Baseball Association (DYBA).
We have travel baseball teams from 8U through 14U.
We are a true community based team as all of our travel players live within the Deerfield High School border lines. We believe coming together as a community and focusing on the development of our players as both young men and young baseball players is our main focus. Our coaches have nearly 100 combined years of Deerfield travel baseball coaching experience. This is led by our mentor coach, Dan Mayer. Dan is the sophomore baseball coach at Deerfield High School, he also consults on our travel baseball program, runs the tryouts, independently picks the travel baseball teams, and helps train our other travel baseball coaches. We're also proud that our coaching staff includes numerous high school coaches as well as many former Deerfield travel baseball players serving as managers and assistant coaches. We believe the former players who come back to coach are important role models to the young men in our program.
From the links on the left of this page you can access more information about our individual teams, their schedules, their contact information, and other fun events the teams are participating in.
Deerfield Youth Baseball Association
· Residence: Players must be eligible to attend either Deerfield School District 109 or Bannockburn School District 106 or reside in the "option area" of Highland Park as designated by High School District 113 (i.e. west of Route 41).
· Age: Travel baseball is age-based, not grade based. The birth date cutoff for each age group is April 30. The teams will be comprised of players who are the stated age (or younger) on April 30, 2020. For example, to be eligible for 9U, a player must not turn 10 prior to May 1, 2020; to be eligible for 10U, a player must not turn 11 before May 1, 2020, etc.
Numbers of Players/Teams:
· No set limits on numbers of teams: There are no set limits on the number of teams rostered at each age-group. The number of teams for each age-group will depend on interest, skill levels, and other factors. For 9U-14U, teams will be rostered based on skill levels, with the top players placed on the red team, the next group on the gray team, etc. All teams rostered at 12U will participate in a Cooperstown tournament for an additional fee.
· No set limits on numbers of players: Typically, DYBA rosters travel baseball teams of 12 players. However, larger or smaller teams may be rostered after tryouts
· Deposit: A deposit of $300 is required in order for players to try out for travel baseball. For players rostered on any travel team, this deposit is nonrefundable and the entire amount will be credited toward travel fees (fees for 2020 are TBD, but will likely be approximently $1500). For players not rostered on a travel team, this deposit will be refunded in full.
· Commitment: By trying out for a DYBA travel team, players are committing to participating on any travel team to which they are selected. If a player withdraws from a travel team after being selected, he will forfeit his deposit and not be allowed to take part in the next set of travel tryouts for the following season. In effect, he will miss two (2) travel seasons before he can try out for a DYBA travel team again. Players can appeal to the DYBA Board of Directors to be considered for early reinstatement.
· Online registration: Players must register online in advance of tryouts at http://www.dyba.siplay.com/site/
· Closed tryouts: All tryout sessions are closed to spectators.
THANK YOU & GO WARRIORS!!!
Congrats to all of our travel teams who participated in Memorial Day Tournaments!
DYBA 9 Red with DHS Varsity Baseball Team
Co-Directors Travel Baseball
"The excitement of a new baseball season is upon us! I wish all the players and families in the DYBA a baseball season filled with fun and good play! Go future Warriors!" --- Kevin Marsh, Varsity Head Coach, Deerfield High School