As the parent or guardian of the child listed above, I give permission for my child to participate in DYBA activities.
All parents and guardians of individuals participating in Deerfield Youth Baseball and Softball Association activities are required to acknowledge and agree to the Parent Code of Conduct as a prerequisite for participation.
1. No parent or spectator may engage in or encourage any child, or any other person to engage in unsportsmanlike conduct with any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
2. No parent or spectator may engage in, encourage any child, or any other person to engage in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety or well being of any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
3. No parent or spectator will engage in, permit any child, or encourage any other person to use drugs or alcohol while at a Deerfield Youth Baseball and Softball Associationevent and no person may attend, coach, officiate or participate in a Deerfield Youth Baseball Associationevent while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
4. No parent or spectator may engage in or encourage any child, or any other person to engage in verbal or physical threats or abuse aimed at any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
5. I understand and acknowledge that I am responsible for the actions of my guests and those of guests of my child at any Deerfield Youth Baseball and Softball Associationevent and that guests are subject to this same Parent Code of Conduct.Â
As a parent or guardian of a participant in the Deerfield Youth Baseball and Softball AssociationI understand and agree that if I fail to conform my conduct and the conduct of any guests associated with me or my child to the foregoing while attending, coaching, officiating or participating in any Deerfield Youth Baseball and Softball Association activity, I, my guest, and/or my child will be subject to disciplinary action, including but not limited to ejection, suspension(s) or other discipline in accord with the Deerfield Youth Baseball Association Rulebook and available under the law.
RULES FOR DYBA TEAM SELECTION
The DYBA team selection process is designed to create even teams in each division and attempt to create the most competitive and fun balance for all players involved. Every effort is taken to eliminate the possibility of unbalanced teams. For those reasons, DYBA does not allow friendship requests for its Baseball or Softball teams. Requests for placement of a child on a team with another child, a specific coach outside of their own parent/guardian, and/or a carpool group will not be considered.
Simultaneously, acknowledging that parent volunteers are the backbone of the DYBA organization, parent volunteer coaches may request to coach their own child alongside up to one (1) other coach under the following guidelines:
DYBA will then make every effort to place the requesting coaches on the same team. Please note that while every effort will be made, this is not a guarantee.
All siblings/relatives within the same age group will automatically be placed on the same team unless otherwise directed by their parents/guardians.
To request that coaches be placed on the same team, please follow these guidelines. Coach requests are only accepted in the comments section of the coach registration system once registration for that specific league opens. No phone or email requests will be accepted. All correctly submitted coach pairing requests will be recorded for consideration, but, as always, not guaranteed. The DYBA League Board and each of the Baseball/Softball Directors reserve all final decisions on teams to accommodate extenuating circumstances as may be needed.
As the parent or legal guardian of the child being registered, I hereby grant to Deerfield Youth Baseball and Softball Association and its agents and representatives (collectively, “DYBA”), the irrevocable, unrestricted right to use, publish, display, broadcast, edit, modify and distribute materials bearing such child’s name, voice, image, likeness, statements attributable to the child, and/or any other identifiable representations of the child (collectively, ”The Likeness”) in connection with or relating in any way to DYBA. These materials may appear in any form, style, color or medium whatsoever now known or later developed (including, without limitation, photographs, videotapes, films, sound recordings, software, drawings, prints, broadcast, internet and electronic media).
I agree that all materials containing The Likeness in connection with DYBA shall be and remain the sole and exclusive property of DYBA, and I hereby assign any right I may have acquired in or to such materials to DYBA. I hereby release and forever discharge DYBA from any and all claims, liabilities and damages relating to the use of The Likeness. I hereby waive any right I may have to inspect or approve the finished materials or any part or element thereof that incorporates The Likeness in connection with DYBA.
I represent that I am the parent or legal guardian of the child being registered for DYBA, who is a minor. I understand the above and consent to the use of his/her Likeness as set forth above.
Coaches have kept sports alive in 2020. Has your kid's coach helped them through this crisis?Nominate them for a chance to win $2500!