1) Subscribe to the email list below. The email list is used to distribute all pre-season, scheduling, pay and other critical and timely information. Parents and coaches may also subscribe.
2) Complete the application by following this link. You must fill it out completely and accurately. A new application must be completed each season.
3) Attend one information meeting in January. Details are available on the DYBA Calendar.
4) Obtain a work permit if you will be under the age of 16 by April 15, 2016. Instructions for various school districts are available in the Documents section. Work permits are required in order to attend the clinics (and before you begin umpiring).
5) Attend the umpire clinics in April. Dates will be April 9 and 10. Attendance at all is mandatory to be eligible.
Note for IHSA officials: Illinois High School Association-certified umpires interested in working travel and/or house league games for DYBA should contact us for more information. Two references from previous umpire supervisors will be required before we are able to assign you a game on a trial basis. Please note we have a very limited number of games available and are not able to accommodate all officials.
Follow the link below to complete our mandatory online application. Be sure your information is accurate; it will be used as contact information and to issue checks at the end of the month.